You are here:
Solutions & Industries
Mobile Workplace Services
Work securely and productively – anywhere, anytime
Mobile Workplace Services
According to IDC analysts, the world’s mobile worker population is growing all the time, and will pass the one billion mark by 2011. Employees who are frequently on the road benefit from mobile workplaces tailored to their needs.
Just as they do in the office, mobile workers access e-mails, contacts, calendars, intranet information, documents and business applications such as CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning). These employees can be contacted anywhere, anytime, and can respond to enquiries quickly and accurately.
T-Systems’ Mobile Workplace Services offers users a choice of three one-stop, standardized service packages. Our offerings are suitable for more than two thirds of mobile scenarios. Through automation and the use of standard components, T-Systems can provide these packages – which do not include hardware – cost-effectively. This means we can offer our customers extremely competitive prices.
The services in detail:
- PIM (Personal Information Management) allows mobile access to e-mail, calendars and contacts with the latest smartphones such as the Blackberry, Windows Mobile und iPhone. In the course of 2010, this option will become available on Android and Symbian smartphones.
- The Business version offers secure data encryption on smartphones, as well as access to e-mail, calendars and contacts. In addition, the service package includes highly efficient mobile device management. This standardizes the deployment of mobile devices and gives the company transparency over their usage, worldwide. Applications and other software are managed centrally and security components are integrated.
- SimKo (Security in mobile communications) provides mobility with maximum protection against unauthorized access to data and voice communication. According to the German Federal Office for Information Security (Bundesamt für Informationstechnik - BSI), the SimKo 2 solution is suitable for communicating information up to the “restricted” security level (VS-NfD). SimKo 2 meets the most demanding requirements for genuine end-to-end security. Personal data never leaves the customer’s networks; user data such as e-mails, calendars und contacts are encrypted. The solution safeguards the operating system kernel, preventing unwanted manipulation by users and defending against unauthorized access to devices and infrastructure.
Customers can choose to extend the PIM und Business options with additional services and security features. These are not available for SimKo, by intention, as it is a completely sealed-off, high-security system. This ensures no malware can penetrate SimKo’s security barriers.
- Mobile Software Management
- Client Application Service (Software Rollout)
- Basic Security (Encryption)
- Security - Mobile firewall
- Security - Mobile virus protection
- Certification Services
- Mobile Applications
- Mobile Device Procurement
- Collaboration - OCS