You are here:
Solutions & Industries
The Service Workplace is designed for workstations used by a changing roster of employees (desk sharing) – making it ideal for call centers and shift work.
Nobody is tied to a particular desk; anyone can sign on at any computer and get down to work right away. This standardized workplace out of the T-Systems Cloud makes it possible to provide support for all users who do not have any special requirements in terms of the client hardware, e.g. HR agents or warehouse personel. This package is also suitable for training and education environments and for employees who need to access data from different locations, such as staff at retail outlets or on-site service engineers.
The Service Workplace is a virtual desktop environment based on Microsoft Windows. All applications and data are supplied via a network. Employees do not need computers equipped with hard drives. They access information and programs stored on central systems via cost-effective thin clients. As no data is stored locally on the thin clients, installation is very straightforward. And if the machines are defective, they can be quickly replaced without the help of IT specialists. Moreover, centrally managed and maintained end-user workplaces are less prone to failure because there are no parts subject to wear, like hard drives. In addition, the Service Workplace can be seamlessly integrated into existing infrastructures and diverse security systems.
Thin-client devices are robust and can be deployed in harsh or dirty environments, such as production plants. They are also cheaper than full-featured PCs and, at over 60 months, their life expectancy is almost twice as long. What’s more, they are easier to dispose of and replace, in an eco-friendly way. And they require less power and generate less noise and heat.
- The ideal solution for task workers within an office environment
- Enables desk-sharing (e.g. by shift workers) within the corporate network. External network access is possible via the My Access Key solution.
- Lower costs thanks to thin-client infrastructure
- No need for high-performance devices, as computing power is delivered from the data center
- High level of data security thanks to storage and backups at the data center and restricted access rights
- Longer hardware service life; environmentally friendly thanks to lower power consumption
- Less prone to failure/quick and easy replacement of defective hardware/hardware-independent can be installed without the help of IT specialists on site